Top 22 Things to Consider Before Hiring an Explainer Video Company
1. AIM FOR THE BEST QUALITY
As the very first thing, you need to look for an explainer video company that ensures the quality of production. If you get a low-quality video done by the explainer video production company, you will be hurting your marketing efforts. If you do settle for a low quality production, you will be damaging the reputation of your brand in the long run. Therefore, it is very important to look for a company that guarantees the quality of work that they do.
2. DOES THE ANIMATION COMPANY USE TEMPLATES?When looking to settle for an animated video production company, you need to make sure your videos are being built from the ground up. Lot of animation company (usually companies in the lower price bracket) use off-the-shelve animation. You want unique and fully customized animated video that tells your brands unique story and in a unique way.
3. SEE SOME PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED PROJECTSYou can get in touch with the explainer video creator and ask for some of the previously completed projects. Then you can go through them and determine the quality of the production. If you believe that the quality is up to your expectations, you can shortlist the company.
4. DOES THE EXPLAINER VIDEO COMPANY UNDERSTAND YOU?
5. SEE IF THEY CREATE ENGAGING EXPLAINER VIDEOSIf you take a look at the work done by top explainer video companies, you will notice that they are mostly engaging. I’m sure you’ve heard how long a human beings attention span is…7 SECONDS!!! Find a company that pops your bubble and they will create an explainer video that will urge your prospects to watch it till the end. The explainer video services you hire should be in a position to create such videos.
6. LOOK FOR STORYTELLING CAPABILITIESThe best explainer video companies know how to tell a story from the video that is created, because stories keep attention and you want that attention keeping feature in your video as well. Therefore, you need to check how good the explainer video company is with storytelling. Good place to start would be their portfolio — see how long the videos in their portfolio were able to keep your attention. Were you able to watch the entire video or did your mind just wandered off?
7. MAKE SURE THAT THEY CAN HIGHLIGHT THE KEY MESSAGEThere is a key message to be delivered by your explainer video. You must get in touch with your video animation company and make sure that the key message understood and is delivered to your audience in an effective manner. If the message is heard by your customer loud and clear, the explainer video has done its job.
8. SEE IF THEY CAN CREATE EXPLAINER VIDEOS THAT ARE EASILY REMEMBEREDIf your explainer video is easily remembered, you will be able to get the most out of it. This can contribute to brand awareness as well. Hence, it is worth to keep an eye on the video animation services, which have the ability to create videos, which are easily remembered and that is able to impact the prospect.
9. INQUIRE MORE ABOUT THE PRODUCTION PROCESSThe production process differs from one video production company to another. It is better if you can have a clear idea about the video production process before you proceed. That’s where you can ask more about the video production process followed by the company that you are planning to deal with. The company should be willing to share these details with you.
10. CHECK IF THEY INCORPORATE YOUR FEEDBACK THROUGHOUTMost of the animated video production companies prefer to work along with you throughout the production process. You should be able to provide your feedback and make sure that a sound output is received at the end of the day. The animated explainer video production company you deal with should incorporate such feedback given by you. If the animation company you choose understand your thought process – you won’t have to spend any extra time on revisions.
11. DO BACKGROUND RESEARCH ABOUT THE COMPANYBefore you hire an animated explainer video company, you should also do background research. Your primary objective should be to get a better understanding of the reputation that they have maintained. If you can see a lot of negative reviews left by customers about an explainer video production company on the internet, you need to see the reason. Then you should look for an alternative.
12. DOES THE COMPANY OFFER REVISIONS?You might not be able to end up with the perfect explainer video in the very first attempt. In such a situation, the explainer video creator should be open to provide you with changes as needed. Then you will be able to ask for the changes that fall within the original scope and get them done to end up with a perfect output.
13. HOW HANDS ON DO YOU WANT TO BE?Some business owners like to be very ‘hands on’ as much as possible with their animation projects and there are those that simply do not have the time to micro manage a campaign of this nature. Find a video production company that is capable and can accommodate your needs effectively.
14. MAKE SURE THAT THEY KNOW ABOUT YOUR INDUSTRYThe best explainer video companies have experience with all the prominent industries. But before you give your job, you need to make sure that the video animation company is aware of your industry and domain. Then you will not have to spoon feed all the business specific information.
15. ASK FOR THE PORTFOLIOYou can ask the video production company to share the portfolio along with you. Once you have the portfolio, you can simply go through it and determine the quality standards that they maintain. If the company refuses to provide you with a portfolio, you need to look for an alternative.
16. CHECK HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO CREATE AN EXPLAINER VIDEO
You should briefly explain the requirements you have and ask the time taken for the animated explainer video company to get the job done. It shouldn’t take forever to provide you with the explainer video. If you are planning to publish the video in 30 days, you need to make sure that the animated explainer video company delivers it to you in at least 20 days. Then you will have enough time for revisions if there are any.
17. SEE IF THEY CAN COMMUNICATE YOUR BRAND VALUEYour brand has a lot of value. The explainer videos you create for your business should be in a position to communicate that value to the audiences. Therefore, you must check and confirm that the company you hire to make professional animated videos is understands and is capable of communicating your brand value to the potential customer.
18. CHECK IF THEY USE BACKGROUND MUSICBackground music has the ability to improve the personal feel delivered by explainer videos. In addition, the message is communicated to the audience in an effective manner with the assistance of background music. Therefore, you need to make sure that the video production company you hire is using appropriate background music.
19. MAKE SURE THEY INCLUDE A CALL TO ACTIONYour explainer video will not be effective enough without a call to action. Therefore, you must double check and confirm that your explainer video creator has the ability to introduce a call to action for the video that is being created for you. If you can get an assurance on that, you will be able to go ahead with the service.
20. WILL YOUR VIDEO STAND OUT?When searching for the right explainer video production company, Do not settle for just awesome animation. Don’t get me wrong the animation is important in an animated video but so is the content of the video, or should I how that content is delivered. Therefore a company that takes pride in their animation capabilities is a great choice, but the company that has the copywriting & salesmanship skills to back it up their animation skills is a better choice.
21. CHECK IF THE COMPANY ALIGNS WITH YOUR BUSINESS CULTURE
If there are any major differences between the culture of your business with that of the video production company, you will not be able to get a perfect job done at the end of the day. Hence, it is important to go ahead with a company that aligns with your business culture.
22. MAKE SURE THAT THE SERVICES ARE AFFORDABLELast but not least, you need to make sure that the services offered to you by the animated explainer video company are affordable. It is better if you can ask for a quote before getting the job done. Then you can make sure that the service matches with your budget. You can also refrain from hidden expenses by asking for a written quote beforehand. …that being said, you definitely don’t want settle for anything cheap either! The fact is, there are many ‘animation’ and ‘motion graphic’ companies out there that can produce an ‘animated video’ for you. But what exactly are you getting for your money? Off the shelf animation packages are cheaper and will tell your audience a story. However, this will not be YOUR story as many of the assets they use to ‘make’ ‘your’ animation will also be used by your competitors in their own animated videos. Why would you want to look and sound exactly the same as your business rival? Quite simply, you wouldn’t!
We at Purplefox Animation create fully customized, tailor made animations for each of our clients, for very reasonable prices. Visit our website today to take your business to new heights!